COMMUNICATION NO. 376
SUBJECT: CALENDAR FOR THE APPROVAL OF MALES AND FEMALES IN 2023
In 2023 there will be three concentrations for the approval of males to the Adults Book: Golegã, Alter do Chão and Coimbra:
- 28 January, Golegã (Picadeiro Lusitanus)
- 24 April, Alter do Chão
- 21st October, Coimbra (ESAC)
All the animals must present the Certificate of Origin (Blue Book) and Spermogram, with the animal's identification, correct conformation of the external sexual organs, semen characteristics, and the veterinarian's confirmation of the capacity to be a reproducer, without which it cannot be inspected.
The inscriptions, have to be sent until 10 days before the competition.
In the case of mares, we would be grateful if you could inform us by 31st January of the number and location of your mares for the purposes of the Commission's Visit.
We will now indicate the dates and areas where the Registration Committee will be visiting for the grading of the mares:
- District of Aveiro: 14th and 15th of March (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Districts of Leiria and Coimbra: 4th and 5th April (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Districts of Castelo Branco and Portalegre: 18th and 19th of April (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Bragança, Vila Real, Braga and Porto Districts: 26th, 27th and 28th April (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
- District of Faro: 9th and 10th May (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Azores: June (dates to be coordinated with local breeders)
Under the Legislation in force, we inform that mares will only be seen upon presentation of the Certificate of Origin (Blue Book).
We call your attention to the importance of getting the requests in the above described deadlines, since we cannot guarantee (in the case of the mares) the accomplishment of more visits to the indicated places.
To make the request, please fill in the form available at the APSL site www.cavalo-lusitano.com